Mobile and Mobile apps have become integral part of us. We use mobile apps for various purposes like games, entertainment, online purchases,banking transactions and much more. We are glued to mobile most of the time other than work timings and we are used to these apps so much and always feel how great it will be to have the same apps on pc so that we can access them easily at work place or from home system when we are not using mobile phone. If you have an android mobile phone then you can run android apps on pc using various emulators. When we run android apps on pc emulator we get the same feel as if we are using these apps from our mobile phone.Using this emulator you will be able to access the play store an download any android app similar to what you can do from mobile. These android emulators get us the exact functions that we could perform on mobile to personal computers.
What is Android Emulator?
Android emulator is a platform which provides access to android environment and all its API which can be used to run android apps on PC. The biggest advantage of emulators are seen during development of android apps where the developers test the functions of android apps using emulators without using the mobile phone. They deploy the app to mobile phone for testing only after they stabilize the app by testing it using these desktop emulators. The same emulators can be also used to just run android apps on pc.Using these emulators even macintosh users can get a flavour of android apps within these emulators.There are variety of android emulators available in the market and Google’s Android SDK comes with its own emulator which is widely used by developers. If you are looking specifically to run only android apps on pc then there are various other free emulators which specifically have been deployed for running android apps on pc. We will now in detail see the steps to install android emulator
How to Run android apps on PC ?
There are various applications available to run android apps on PC. BlueStacks, Youwave, Windroy are few of the applications available and amongst all of these BlueStacks is most widely used by users as it gives better performance than other applications. I will be using Bluestacks application to show you on how we can use it to run android apps on pc free completely without spending a penny.Bluestacks can be used either in macintosh OS or Windows. Macintosh users can also get a flavour of android apps by using this application. You can download the Bluestacks application and follow the on screen instructions to install the applications. The application will also download data and certain apps by default during the installation.After you have installed if the application advises to update Graphic drivers update the same for better performance.Open the app from desktop shortcut or from application menu and you should see the screen similar to this.
1. We need to setup Enable App Store and Enable App Sync to use android apps. Click on any pre installed app to start the configuration and you will see the blow screen to enable App store. Click Continue
2. In the next screen enter your Google account if you already have one by click Existing or click Create New if you need to sign up for a new account. This account will be used to sign in to Google Play store to download the apps.
3. In the next screen after you have logged in you will be prompted to backup and restore your apps settings to your google account. Click Next.
4. Now the App Store has been enabled and in next step need to enable App Sync. In the next screen click continue
5. In the next screen use the same google account you used to Enable App store and click Sign in .
6. After you sign in you will get a prompt asking to remember the password. Click Remember
7. We have now finished enabling both App store and App sync and we are all set to download apps from play store. Click Lets go
8. Accept the Google Terms and conditions. Click Accept
9. Now you will be taken to Google Play store which you will be pretty much familiar if you are using an Android mobile phone. You can search for any app and download and start using it similar to the way you will run android app on your mobile phone.
10. When you open again the application to navigate to play store you can use the search option which will give an option to use Search in play store and on clicking that you will be taken to Google Play store.
Using this application you will now be able to run any android apps on PC. Let us know in comments your experience on using your favorite android apps on PC.