Most of us while typing email take utmost care to make sure we have put the right information we wanted to communicate and also do spell check multiple times to make sure there are no typo’s. Inspite of that we will realize that after sending an email that we made a mistake and wanted to call back that message if there is an option to do that.There is an option to recall a sent email in Gmail. This feature lets us to recall or cancel the message sent if we do within 10 seconds from when the message is sent. This feature is not enabled by default and needs to be enabled if we are interested for this feature. This is a Gmail labs feature. To use this feature in Gmail follow the below steps
- Click Labs
- Scroll down the labs features available for Gmail and look for Undo Send feature and Select Enable
- After enabling Undo Send scroll down to bottom of the page and Click Save Changes button
- Whenever you send an email after pressing send you will see a Undo link which will be available only for 10 seconds and if pressed within 10 seconds the message will not be sent
- Click Undo to recall the sent message
- After Successful Undo the status message is displayed and opens the composer window to correct the mistakes done and resend the email
This labs feature must be enabled by everyone as it will come very handy when we need to recall a sent email in Gmail. Let us know what you think about this feature.